Find the answer to your Linux question:
If you got past the title, thanks. I had a question, and I'm not quite sure where to put it, and it's also kinda nit-pickey, but I figure Linux is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] This may just be nit-pickey...

If you got past the title, thanks. I had a question, and I'm not quite sure where to put it, and it's also kinda nit-pickey, but I figure Linux is all about Choice and doing things how we want, so I guess this falls under this catagory.

I've been playing around lately with both Arch Linux and Crux Linux. I like them both, but I think I like Crux a bit more (personal taste). The only thing that I do not like about Crux that is blatently obvious in Arch is...how the terminal is set up?

I'm running each with NO X-windows (which is a wonderful new (read: old) way of computing, by the way ), and the default command prompt in Arch looks like this:
    Code:
    {benjamin@arch : / } $
    or something like that.

On Crux, however, it looks like this:
    Code:
    #
    which, although it is KISS to the MAX, it's a little bit too...uninformative.

I'm sure there is a way to change this, but I'm not sure what to even search for, else I'd be on Google right now! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by aluminumspleen View Post
    I'm sure there is a way to change this, but I'm not sure what to even search for, else I'd be on Google right now! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Sure you can change it. There are lots of HowTos posted online for doing just that. Here's one you can try:

Modify Your Command Prompt Begin Linux Blog
    oz

hey Ozar, thanks a bunch! the guide you linked me to was slightly confusing, but searching the same terms in Google brought me the knowledge to adjust to my perfect prompt! Thanks!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close