Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linux Linpus Lite. I accidentally erased the panels so that the clock, power, wirless icon etc disappeared. I managed to add a new panel (xfce4-panel), but I cannot add any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot add items to panel

Linux Linpus Lite.

I accidentally erased the panels so that the clock, power, wirless icon etc disappeared. I managed to add a new panel (xfce4-panel), but I cannot add any items to this panel. When I right click on the panel nothing happens, the panel manager does not have an option to add items to the panel either. The panel shows a star figure and when the cursor hovers over it I get this message....'New item-this item has not been configured yet'

can anyone please help?

Many Thanks in advance

Jane

Hi, Jane! Welcome to LinuxForums!

I don't actually use Xfce, so I won't be able to dig super deep here. But I did some Googling and found this page:
    faq [Xfce wiki]

I hope it helps, but if not I'm sure that an Xfce user will chime in to help you further.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thanks, but that did not work. Please can someone help!

Try deleting the config files in your home directory.
    Code:
    rm -r ~/.config/xfce4
    Then log out and back in.

Just Joined!
    I tried that, it deleted all the config files but the problem is still present. I just cannot add any icons etc to the panel, the panel manager has no 'add' option and the panel itself shows nothing upon a right-click.

Just Joined!
    Hi, I could not get almost anything work (after creating a new user account) until I made sure the user was assigned to 'wheel' group. Don't know what's your situation, but maybe worth checking.