Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am trying to install the Epidemic distro onto my Dell Inspiron B120 laptop. I have the hd partitioned so that i have space to play with different distros. the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Epidemic Linux

i am trying to install the Epidemic distro onto my Dell Inspiron B120 laptop. I have the hd partitioned so that i have space to play with different distros. the hd is currently empty. How do I decide where the new install goes, and it keeps locking up right after I boot from the cd. Not sure where to even start???

Linux Guru
    If me, I would do a md5sum check of your Epidemic Distro Iso file first.

Then make sure the CD/Media you used for burning the iso to is good quality. I use Memorex Cd's.

Then I would make sure the CD was burned at 4X speed.

As far as where to install Epidemic, the installer (which for Epidemic I am not familiar with) should point you to your empty Partitions as either hda or sda and I would install it on the very first one. Not being familiar with Epidemic, I can't say how the installer menu looks. So I am in the dark as to it's options. Good Luck

Linux Guru
    I googled it and came up with this installer page. Being in Portugese. And me being Texan. I won't be off much help else to ya. Happy Trails.

Translated version of http://www.epidemiclinux.org/

Installation is in the left hand column of page.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks so much. Should I be burning all of my OS type disks at that slow of a speed or just if i have issues.....???

Quote Originally Posted by jwernecke View Post
    Thanks so much. Should I be burning all of my OS type disks at that slow of a speed or just if i have issues.....???
    I generally burn ISOs at about half my burner's maximum speed. That usually means around 16X. However I've had issues with Epidemic before so I'm not entirely sure if the problem is your burner or a bad ISO to begin with.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Were you able to get a good iso.... did you have to get it from somewhere else or just redownload it????

Quote Originally Posted by jwernecke View Post
    Were you able to get a good iso.... did you have to get it from somewhere else or just redownload it????
    I downloaded the ISO several times and every time I burned it my install would fail at some point, regardless of whether the checksums were correct. Sorry to say I eventually just gave up.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants