Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i just bought a new dedicated server using centos5... and now i need to install red5... im a newbie of linux so someone know a good step by step ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb How to install red5 on centos5

Hi, i just bought a new dedicated server using centos5... and now i need to install red5... im a newbie of linux so someone know a good step by step tutorial to help me to install red5 on centos5...

thx

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by totallyfreak View Post
    Hi, i just bought a new dedicated server using centos5... and now i need to install red5... im a newbie of linux so someone know a good step by step tutorial to help me to install red5 on centos5...
    Why do you need to install RHEL 5? CentOS 5 and RHEL 5 are the same, except for logos and such. If it is because you want Red Hat support, they will sell you a subscription for CentOS on the same terms they will sell you RHEL support.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    i dont talk about rhel5 but RED5... the flash server

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    i dont talk about rhel5 but RED5... the flash server
    Ah! Sorry. Confused. It's late any my brain is falling asleep!

Ok. I just checked out the Red5 web site and download pages. They are distributing the software in a gzip'd tarball for either Java 5 or Java 6 - apparently it is a Java application. Which you use depends upon the version of java you are running. I have both 5 and 6 on my system, but the default is 6 (5 is for legacy apps).

1. Download the tarball: http://www.red5.org/downloads/red5/0...2-java5.tar.gz or http://www.red5.org/downloads/red5/0...2-java6.tar.gz to a suitable location on your system.
    2. Move to the directory where you saved the file, then unzip and untar it: tar -xzf filename.tar.gz
    3. See the directions on the download page: Red5 v0.8.0 Release Candidate 2 02.03.2009 - Red5 Wiki

Just Joined!
    ok thx for the reply... but i dont know wich version of java 5-6 i need to install... on what i need to take a decision??
    i need to install red5 for the visichat script... a webcam chat website...

thx

ok thx for the reply... but i dont know wich version of java 5-6 i need to install... on what i need to take a decision??
    i need to install red5 for the visichat script... a webcam chat website...

thx
    You need to determine which java version you are running. /usr/bin/java should be a link to /usr/java/default/bin/java. /usr/java/default should be a link to /usr/java/latest, though not necessarily. If it is, then /usr/java/latest is a link to the actual version, which in my case is /usr/java/jre1.6.0_11. So, all the installed java versions can (should) be found in /usr/java.

Just Joined!
    You can also take a look on this tutorials i have referred

Howto Install Red5 flash Media Server
    ==============================

linuxmaza.com/system-administration/howto-install-red5-flash-media- server-in-fedora-11-centos-5-4-redhat