Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I have installed All in One Pen drive linux to a flashdrive following the instructions at Pendrivelinux.com I try to boot the computer and it comes up witha ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't boot Pendrive Linux

Hi all

I have installed All in One Pen drive linux to a flashdrive following the instructions at Pendrivelinux.com

I try to boot the computer and it comes up witha a message 'Can not find linux image.

I have downloaded 4 different distributions and they all do more or less the same thing...

Can anyone please help.

Linux User
    I don't have a system that boots usb from bios, but slax, mint and ubuntu work fine using a boot cd to load the usb drive.
    If your pc does boot from usb, try comparing the boot structure of the boot cd image.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I have experienced this problem when trying to use older pen drives. They just don't seem to boot. Newer ones seem to be less of a problem with that. I have a nice Lexar drive that won't boot, but a bunch of other drives (mostly SD flash cards in USB adapters) that have no problem at all with the exact same software installed in the exact same way. So, try another pendrive. Given that a 2GB drive costs about $5 USD these days, it should not be too much of a problem, financially.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close