Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am not completely sure if this belongs here or another area. I would ask at their forum but it has been days since I registered and I haven't been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] SME 7.4 and phpmyadmin

I am not completely sure if this belongs here or another area. I would ask at their forum but it has been days since I registered and I haven't been approved. So I am not going to bother with their forums.

I just started using SME server 7.4. I have it set up for a gateway/private server. The problem I am having is this.

I installed phpmyadmin-

Code:
    yum --enablerepo=smecontribs install smeserver-phpmyadmin
    It downloaded and installed fine. Then I did-

Code:
    signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot
    To check to make sure it was private I did-

Code:
    db configuration show phpmyadmin
    And it came up the way it was suppose to-

Code:
    phpmyadmin=configuration
     access=private

So to access phpmyadmin I am suppose to type in my domain name, etc-

Code:
    my.domain/phpmyadmin
    I am doing this from my Vista computer using Firefox. The set up is this, Cable modem-smeserver-linksys workgroup switch-Vista Computer.

I can access the my.domain just fine when I type it into the address bar in Firefox. I also have file sharing set up and can access the i-bays from Vista. But I can't access phpmyadmin from Firefox. I am using opendns and when I type in
    Code:
    my.domain/phpmyadmin
    it goes to them saying it doesn't exist. But like I said if I type in
    Code:
    my.domain
    it takes me right to it. Since I am running a private server I am thinking it has something to do with that maybe?

Anyone know what I might be missing here?

Just Joined!
    After searching and waiting for days for any help or suggestions I decided to just get rid of SME Server. It is getting annoying and becoming a serious pain. It was easy to set up as a private server and gateway, but that is about it.

I am going to try a couple of other linux based servers. If all fails I think I will head back to a windows server.

Just Joined!
    I decided to try one more thing before I gave up on SME. I simple reinstalled everything. And it works fine now.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Glad to hear you figured it out. I don't run a server, so I had no clue, myself.
    Registered Linux User #420832