Find the answer to your Linux question:
If anyone of you has actually used Freespire 2.0, you may have experienced that on the first run, the desktop will not open any window (though it will not be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Freespire Post Install Config

If anyone of you has actually used Freespire 2.0, you may have experienced that on the first run, the desktop will not open any window (though it will not be hanged). The same will be seen in subsequent boots if you don't bring the sound to 100% and complete the post install configuration. The screen doesn't appear until you bring up the sound. However, in some installs, even the sound icon does not show up. i want to distribute Freespire in my vacations and this must be resolved.

Is Freespire even active anymore?

It's still active, but I've never tried it. The whole 'Click 'n Run' thing just doesn't look all that appealing to me. Looks friendly enough to new users, though.
    What you're describing sounds like it may be either a bug, or a driver problem, though.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Yeah, its active for download. They are still sitting on the 2.0.8 version that I downloaded a year and a half ago. (discontinued distro?) Another clue to this is that the repositories have been removed. The CNR website does not open! But still, a lot of software is prepackaged. Others I install directly from their official websites. But compiling sources would be a headache as the libs still have to be downloaded (and the repos are discontinued). Sometimes, the Suspend option is not there. If all is a bug, then why in the latest release (final version)? Better not distribute Freespire. Mandriva should be looked into but it requires a lot of hardware.

I would look at Linux Mint, or Mint XFCE or Fluxbox if you need something a little lighter weight. They have an online Software Portal, which you can also browse offline with mintInstall.

Linux Mint Felicia is the current stable, but the next release based on Ubuntu 9.04, Gloria, should be out soon.