Find the answer to your Linux question:
Will AntiX run compiz?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

AntiX and Compiz

Will AntiX run compiz?

AntiX itself is designed to be lightweight on old hardware, but it is based on Mepis which in turn is based on Debian so you should have Compiz available in your repositories. As long as you have the correct 3D drivers installed and the hardware to support it you should be able to get it going.

If on the other hand you are looking for a distro to run Compiz, you could probably have a better "out of the box" experience with something like Sabayon.

Thanx for the info. I'll have to check out Sabayon. Never heard of that 1.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Havnt got around to trying Sabayon yet, but I did install Antix. So far I can only get cf to run in xfce. From what I can tell everything is installed. my 96xx driver, ccsm all dependencies.My nvidia driver is in use, I can set screen res, refresh rate, etc. When I try to run compiz, or fusion icon (witch I can only seem to run as su from a term) in Icewm it restarts.

Been trying also to find out about the upgrading process for Antix. At first, I tried to just "mark all upgrades" But then I ended up with ALOT of dependency problems and couldn't get into a graphical login.