Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, i've just bought a old laptop that has no harddrive so is currently being run of a live cd of puppy linux. The main problem is various keys ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help With Puppy Linux

Hi all, i've just bought a old laptop that has no harddrive so is currently being run of a live cd of puppy linux. The main problem is various keys on my laptop don't work, so i need a application similar to windows xp's on screen keyboard. I had a search and found something called matchbox keyboard that's for linux. I have no idea whether that will work on puppy linux? and i have no previous knowledge of linux so don't have a clue how to install anything or indeed if you can on a live cd? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    What you can do with puppy linux is make a pup-save file , That's what it wants to do when you shut down and it ask you if you want to save. You can get a usb flash drive and put the save file on that , You will need to boot with the cd still. When it loads it will load the pup-save file and everything you have installed or saved with be loaded up also.