Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Hi Linux gurus! I need help! I am having a server with a Promise FastTrak TX2650 (SAS-controller). I am running Centos 5.3. This Linux edition is created by Digium as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Centos 5.3 driver update

Hi Linux gurus!

I need help! I am having a server with a Promise FastTrak TX2650 (SAS-controller). I am running Centos 5.3. This Linux edition is created by Digium as AsteriskNOW.
    The kernel of this Linux is too new to be understood by the driver. Or the opposite...

I am having a driver for RedHat and I am having an Open Source driver. But I have no clue how I can get a driver, that will work for this Centos.... Is there anybody who can help me???

Albert van Harten
    Denmark

Welcome Sovetryne!

There is the driver source available at Promise site (FT TX4650-2650 Linux Kernl 2.6 PSC v1.1.0.3.tgz). It requires you have kernel sources properly installed, the procedure described in README is pretty straightforward. At which point you get stuck?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    Welcome Sovetryne!

There is the driver source available at Promise site (FT TX4650-2650 Linux Kernl 2.6 PSC v1.1.0.3.tgz). It requires you have kernel sources properly installed, the procedure described in README is pretty straightforward. At which point you get stuck?
    Thanks for your reply. I tried to find the file, but couldn't find it from the Promise site. Even not when looking on Google - could you be so kind to supply me a direct link?

Yours sincerely,

Albert van Harten

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    This is where I downloaded it
    Thank you very much! As soon as I have a display ready, I will try to make this run... The last .tgz file I downloaded from Promise, couldn't be decompressed, something about CRC-errors, but I was told, that the 64-bit version was the problem, since the file was compressed on a 32-bit version... I'll get back to you as soon as I have the possibility to download the file on the harddisk of the new server. Until then: many, many thanks in advance!

Albert

Just Joined!
    I've tried that one, but that didn't do it. Or at least I can't handle Linux - am not a guru... yet

Just Joined!
    I am still installing a computer for one of my customers at this moment, and I have only one display available for test purposes (normally I am having two, but one of them is currently with another customer).
    As soon as I am done with installing that computer to my customer, I will try download those files, just to make sure.

Albert

That's OK ! However, the very first step to become a guru is to provide more information. Make helping you easier for us! I'm not going to recite everything written is this great source, do you mind looking at it?
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    I can tell you from experience, all this is damn true.
    I'm sure we can solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovetryne View Post
    I am still installing a computer for one of my customers at this moment, and I have only one display available for test purposes (normally I am having two, but one of them is currently with another customer).
    As soon as I am done with installing that computer to my customer, I will try download those files, just to make sure.
    As a side note, you do not need a display. All you need is working SSH connection. I've to say I never leave my own chair to manage other computers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast