Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Yoper and when i select Yoper from the LILO bootloader it goes to another screen and says YOS loading .......... then says BIOS check successful but then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yoper startup problem

I just installed Yoper and when i select Yoper from the LILO bootloader it goes to another screen and says YOS loading .......... then says BIOS check successful but then it just goes to a black screen and nothing happens from then on out. Anybody know what is causing this problem?

hey, just for a first try, give the install a 2nd shot, it seems most likly that somethign with reguards to the kernel/bootsequence is shot, this early, iys most likly a install issue. also did you check htte md5sum of the image before you burned it and after burining?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I tried installing 3 times. Check the CD when it prompted me too but still wont work. Just a black screen

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I had a similar problem with an SMP machine and some of the previous kernels. Best bet is to use a live CD like Knoppix, chroot and mount proc, then apt-get some alternate kernles and reinstall lilo with them as boot choices.

What iso verison are you using?

Just Joined!
    I am using yos-i686-2.1.0-4.iso