Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay went through installation. At the point where it specified lilo or no for grub ( not supported fully ) i chose yes for lilo. Now when it boots, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Yopper installer installed grub?

Okay went through installation. At the point where it specified lilo or no for grub ( not supported fully ) i chose yes for lilo. Now when it boots, it comes up with a grub prompt and well, it doesnt boot. It asks for the kernel before booting. Ive installed twice, ill probably try downloading the iso *again* (the first two were corrupt, wouldnt even boot kernel for the install)

Any ideas before i get drastic?
    /skythra

use md5sums to check your dled ISO's before you burn them, then check the burned images also?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Newbie
    my windows (fallback os) doesnt have any good md5sum check and so i used the one on the cd iso

my first cd was faulty. my second one seemed okay.. i think ill have to recjheck that. I dont want to download the 700mb's again, only have a 10gig cap :C

but may be neccessary
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    Hmm if you had grub prior to installing Yoper, that may be why its still there.

You could fixmbr from windows recovery console if this system has windows on it, and then reinstall with lilo. Or you could boot a live CD, chroot to the Yoper root partition and examine /etc/lilo.conf, if all is well with lilo, reinstall it to the MBR with

lilo -v