Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I play .wav files in my Linux OS? I'm using an in-house modified version of Kubuntu. Thanks for any help....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Playing .wav files

How do I play .wav files in my Linux OS? I'm using an in-house modified version of Kubuntu.

Thanks for any help.

Hello and Welcome.
    Which media player are you using? I've always thought .wav support is included in most distros. Did you get an error message or is the sound card misconfigured?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    That was a help already. Now that I tried downloading the file and clicking on it it opened.

I guess my problem is when I click on the link from within the email. I don't know how to make the association (?) or whatever you call it so that it automatically opens from with the email.

But at least thanks to your help I figured out now that if I save the file first I can open it.

thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Awesome!
    Glad you got it working.
    Are you using a Web based email like yahoo or hotmail? If you are using a Client program like Evolution, Thunderbird or Kmail, there is a way to associate files like you mentioned. If it's an in-house modified distro then you might need to ask the administrator to set it up for you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    I am using gmail, web-based.

Well I am sure there is a way to associate files for you browser too, I just don't know how at the moment. I'll see if I can find a howto for you.