Find the answer to your Linux question:
I own a PhatNoise system which is basically an embedded Linux OS which runs in your automobile emulating a cd-changer. It features an ejectable HD which you remove to synchronize ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PhatNoise Linux OS

I own a PhatNoise system which is basically an embedded Linux OS which runs in your automobile emulating a cd-changer. It features an ejectable HD which you remove to synchronize with your computer. There are linux scripts that are available for those seeking to synchronize their music collection on a Linux OS, but the main software for the product ships for Windows.

The PhatNoise system has been discontinued, so there really isn't hope for a program to automate music management on the system, but that's ok with me.

What I'm really curious about is how the thing works. Since it's Linux, everything is open source, and I wanted to know if anyone here has fooled around with it to check out its internals. I want to know if I can tweak this thing to do some radical stuff. So has anyone heard of or messed with their PhatNoise system? I'd love to hear some input on it.

Linux Guru
    Looks like there is at least one forum dedicated to just hacking Phatbox/Phatnoise...

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I'll see what I can learn there

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close