Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i have an acer aspire one with linux linpus on it. I recently did the whole xfce right click thing, so i can install programs and stuff. On the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Linpus help

Hi, i have an acer aspire one with linux linpus on it.
    I recently did the whole xfce right click thing, so i can install programs and stuff.
    On the desktop when i was clicking browser nothing was loading same for the Messenger, so i right clicked, then went to add or remove programs and removed firefox when i turned the netbook on again everything on the screen went black and there is only a bar at the bottom and the search bar at the top and i cant open terminal or do any commands to get anything on the screen.
    I cant reformat because I don't have a external hard drive and this is currently the only pc/netbook/machine i have at the moment.
    I have no idea about linux and wish i never went fiddling with it!
    please help, im in urgent need of it.
    Thanks,
    Sydeh.

You should be able to get to a console log in by hitting CTRL+ALT+F2. Linpus Lite is based on (an old) version of Fedora, and as far as I know uses yum for package management from the command line. So try

Code:
    sudo yum install firefox
    It's possibly it's not named exactly firefox, in which case you may need to search for the exact package name.

Code:
    yum search firefox
    More help on package management. (Just the yum section.) DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

To shutdown from the console, do
    Code:
    sudo shutdown - h now

Just Joined!
    CTRL ALT F2 doesnt do anything.
    I reinstalled firefox that isnt the problem, i dont have a desktop i cant access any programs or files they come up coloured grey.
    I can only use the internet and search for files.

EDIT: when i use the search function and change it to desktop and search for terminal when i try to open the one located in the folder /etc/xdg or /user/share It says the nautilis manager or something is running.