Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux Linpus help

Hi, i have an acer aspire one with linux linpus on it.
    I recently did the whole xfce right click thing, so i can install programs and stuff.
    On the desktop when i was clicking browser nothing was loading same for the Messenger, so i right clicked, then went to add or remove programs and removed firefox when i turned the netbook on again everything on the screen went black and there is only a bar at the bottom and the search bar at the top and i cant open terminal or do any commands to get anything on the screen.
    I cant reformat because I don't have a external hard drive and this is currently the only pc/netbook/machine i have at the moment.
    I have no idea about linux and wish i never went fiddling with it!
    please help, im in urgent need of it.

Boston, MA
    You should be able to get to a console log in by hitting CTRL+ALT+F2. Linpus Lite is based on (an old) version of Fedora, and as far as I know uses yum for package management from the command line. So try

sudo yum install firefox
    It's possibly it's not named exactly firefox, in which case you may need to search for the exact package name.

yum search firefox
    More help on package management. (Just the yum section.) Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

To shutdown from the console, do
    sudo shutdown - h now

CTRL ALT F2 doesnt do anything.
    I reinstalled firefox that isnt the problem, i dont have a desktop i cant access any programs or files they come up coloured grey.
    I can only use the internet and search for files.

EDIT: when i use the search function and change it to desktop and search for terminal when i try to open the one located in the folder /etc/xdg or /user/share It says the nautilis manager or something is running.

4. $spacer_open