Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good evening, I just updated and upgraded my linpus lite on my Acer Aspire One and it seems the latest version of Firefox requires too big a RAM for my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linpus lite "downgrade"?

Good evening,

I just updated and upgraded my linpus lite on my Acer Aspire One and it seems the latest version of Firefox requires too big a RAM for my computer...is there any way to install a previous version without unistalling firefox?
    I am asking because, for some reason, I have lost my root password and have very limited actions performable on this computer (but because I am using it only for the internet when I travel it's enough)
    thank you

Linux User
    If you have lost your root password, you will probably have to do a reinstall or reset your password from a live ISO. Without root it is probably impossible to make that big of a change to your filesystem.
    Registered Linux User #420832

I recommend using Ubuntu Easy Peasy or Ubuntu Netbook Remix.(official)

Everything works out the box: wireless, camera, codecs are preinstalled, flash is preinstalled and it has Firefox 3, OpenOffice 3, Pidgin,VLC and Songbird!!!
    You have to do NOTHING after the installation! It really rocks
    The official version does not come with pre-installed codecs I think, but it is very easy to install them.

The installation is really easy* and in case you have a question, everyone in the forums can help you, since Ubuntu (on which it is based) is probably the most popular Linux distribution.

To make a live-usb you can use Unetbootin, which works on either Linux or Windows.

* At some point it will ask you to make partitions.

-If you have the 80+GB HDD version,make:
    1GB swap
    10GB of type ext3, mount point /
    The rest make it type ext3, mount point /home

-If you have the 8GB SSD version make:
    1GB swap
    the rest type etx2, mount point /
    Be careful, it must be ext2 and NOT ext3.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close