Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I recently installed Yoper Linux (yesterday), and, I have a problem. I need to get my ethernet card working. I have found the drivers, and have all those ducks ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nvnet drivers and kernel sources problem

Hello!

I recently installed Yoper Linux (yesterday), and, I have a problem. I need to get my ethernet card working. I have found the drivers, and have all those ducks in quite the row. However, the installer needs the kernel source (2.6.8.1-3), and, well, all I can find on the FTP mirrors of yoper.com are SRPM's.

Is it possible to unpack the SRPM so that it's a normal directory, or .tar.gz? All I need to do is point the installer to the directory of the kernel sources, and, well, I tried it with the stock 2.6.8.1 from kernel.org, but since it's a patched version that I'm using, it won't work.

Thanks for your time,

saggio

Why not just use the Yoper software installation tool (whatever it's called) to install the kernel source from Yoper's SRPM?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    nvnet should be implemented in all 2.6.8 series kernels. Have you tried install 2.6.8.1-7 using apt-get or synaptic?

You could also try

modprobe nvnet

if it happens that your kernel does have the module and it just isn't being loaded at boot.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close