Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've tried installed Yoper on both of my systems. Both of them failed unless I removed all of my SCSI devices. The system looks great when I install it in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yoper on SCSI?

I've tried installed Yoper on both of my systems. Both of them failed unless I removed all of my SCSI devices. The system looks great when I install it in an IDE drive, but this is far from ideal. When installed on a SCSI drive, the install procedure seems successful until I boot into the system for the first time. It boots to a point where I get a lock-up and a message says to supply a "init=" to the kernel.

Has anyone been successful installing (yoper2.1) on a SCSI system?

i installed Yoper v2.1 on my friend's scsi raid array, worked like a charm
    we really didn't do anything special. what type of SCSI drive is it?

Just Joined!

Yoper on SCSI

First system: DELL Precision Workstation 410 (dual P3-500) with adaptec SCSI on mainboard (AIC7890), with Seagate wide LVD drive. This system will work with Yoper if I disable SCSI from the BIOS setup, and install on an IDE drive.

Second system: AMD Athlon 900 on ECS K7S5A mainboard with Adaptec 2940UW PCI card, and wide SCSI drive (any). This system will work with Yoper if I remove the SCSI drives so that Adaptec BIOS extensions don't "load", and install on an IDE drive.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    don't want to jinx your efforts, but I had wanted to give Yoper a whirl on a scsi system, was going to act as a server, but during the install i had too many issues. I think the installer just lacks support for certain varieties of scsi, causing the issues.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333