Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey all iam hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with this i have a ubisurfer made by datawind wich runs linux but i dont know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ubisurfer distro

hey all iam hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with this i have a ubisurfer made by datawind wich runs linux but i dont know wot distro it is running all the commands i have tried tell me linux instead off a distro name does anyone know wot distro it is running or one that is compatible with it it says in the user manual it is running windows ce if that helps in anyway and in the / directory there is a dev folder

hope that someone knows

thanks in advance sb

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

It's probably some customized version of Linux, but you can take a look around in the /etc folder to see if there any clues there. You could also try running the following commands from the command line to see if anything is revealed:

Code:
    cat /etc/*-release

cat /etc/*issue

uname -a
    In the interim, maybe someone that has this netbook and has already researched this will reveal the Linux distribution used.
    oz

Just Joined!

hey

thanks for the suggestions no further forward first command said not found second gave me link to the website third said unknown among other things about make and model will keep trying ill get there in the end always do ohh if it helps most off the files in /etc are .d file type

thanks agian

sb

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    So I was looking at the Ubisurfer manual. It has a some gems.

Quote Originally Posted by ubisurfer
    Xterm is a Linux operating software. It provides command line access for Linux programmers and should not be opened unless you have
    experience programming with Linux. Entering commands in this field may affect the performance of your UbiSurfer.
    It also says it uses Firefox, but shows a picture of Iceweasel.

From what I can find its got an ARM processor. That and the iceweasel thing suggest to me that it's likely based on Debian, but I can't find any concrete info.