Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Display Trouble

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Display Trouble

After i install the OS, i am ready to go to the screen options and set the parameters and settings for the screen. After Sax2 starts up the screen flashes and i get the message that i need to reboot. I reboot and i get the same error message. I then restarted and set the run level of YOS to 3. i ran "sax2-vesa" in the command propmt and i get a flashing screen with appearing and disappearring bits of graphics. I close out and i cant get it to work. I have tried many different things and i just am having problems. It worked the first time i installed it and it didnt work from then on whenever i tried a reinstall. im really not sure what to do.

Linux Newbie
    What type of graphic card you have?

Linux Newbie
    I have a sis 630 integrated graphics chip. Also about saX2-vesa is how i got yoper the first time to work and im not sure what i did the first time either.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I have that SIS graphics on my desknote. I haven't installed yoper on it per se, but I have unpacked a Yoper iso and chrooted into it for development work. In order to get X working in my dev environment, I just booted a knoppix CD and copied the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file from there. When sax2 fails for video hardware or monitors, Knoppix can usually save the day.

Linux Newbie
    ill try that thanks!