Find the answer to your Linux question:
After i install the OS, i am ready to go to the screen options and set the parameters and settings for the screen. After Sax2 starts up the screen flashes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Display Trouble

After i install the OS, i am ready to go to the screen options and set the parameters and settings for the screen. After Sax2 starts up the screen flashes and i get the message that i need to reboot. I reboot and i get the same error message. I then restarted and set the run level of YOS to 3. i ran "sax2-vesa" in the command propmt and i get a flashing screen with appearing and disappearring bits of graphics. I close out and i cant get it to work. I have tried many different things and i just am having problems. It worked the first time i installed it and it didnt work from then on whenever i tried a reinstall. im really not sure what to do.

Linux Newbie
    What type of graphic card you have?

Linux Newbie
    I have a sis 630 integrated graphics chip. Also about saX2-vesa is how i got yoper the first time to work and im not sure what i did the first time either.

Just Joined!
    I have that SIS graphics on my desknote. I haven't installed yoper on it per se, but I have unpacked a Yoper iso and chrooted into it for development work. In order to get X working in my dev environment, I just booted a knoppix CD and copied the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file from there. When sax2 fails for video hardware or monitors, Knoppix can usually save the day.

Linux Newbie
    ill try that thanks!