Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running ClarkConnect 5.0. My former external harddisk is now an internal harddisk. After these modification I am not able to restart my computer ("kernel panic"). Also I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

more than once "/" in my system

I am running ClarkConnect 5.0.
    My former external harddisk is now an internal harddisk. After these modification I am not able to restart my computer ("kernel panic").
    Also I try to boot from the ClarkConnect CD. The update process tells me that I have more than one device which has a label "/".
    I have to solve problem first. But how do I solve that problem?

Linux Newbie
    Hi guidovanh
    I would suggest that you get something like 'SystemRescueCD' from DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. and burn it onto a CD. With this you can boot directly into a RamFS and make changes to your internal drives, etc.. Once into SystemRescueCD, choose graphical, you can run Gparted (a partition manager) and see just what is on your, now internal, drive.
    I have used this, successfully, to prepare disks, etc. and I find it works exceptionally well. Hope this can help in some way. Cheers...
    Robert

Just Joined!
    I started GParted from my Knoppix CD and found the right disk. In GParted the mountpoint is defined as /mnt/sdc2. But in my ClarkConnect (see previous message) it is mounted as "/" (and also my original Linux partition is "/"). What do I have to do now?

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by guidovanh View Post
    I started GParted from my Knoppix CD and found the right disk. In GParted the mountpoint is defined as /mnt/sdc2. But in my ClarkConnect (see previous message) it is mounted as "/" (and also my original Linux partition is "/"). What do I have to do now?
    Hi guidovanh
    The CD boot is only mounted at /mnt/sdc2 for convenience and has nothing to do (except possibly the drive designation sdc2) with where ClarkConnect will mount it.
    Using Knoppix, in a terminal, run the following commands and post the output back here.
    1) fdisk -l
    2) blkid
    As well run 'fsck /mnt/sdc2' (exclude single quotes in your command invocation). This will check to see if the File System is ok. fsck may well restore your OS to its original state or at least ensure that it is not seen as corrupted.
    After you have done these we should be able to tell you what to do next. Cheers...
    Robert