Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an IBM Thinkpad 380D with Windows XP installed and I want to install Damn Small Linux on it, too. How would I do that? My laptop can boot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I install DSL on my laptop?

I have an IBM Thinkpad 380D with Windows XP installed and I want to install Damn Small Linux on it, too. How would I do that? My laptop can boot from CDs with the help of Smart Boot Manager, but I can't read any CDs I've written on the other computers I have here. It can only read...um, "stamped" CDs, I guess I'd call them, but that's probably not a recognized term. Also, I have no USB ports on the laptop, and It doesn't have much free disk space that isn't within the Windows partition on the hard drive. Any ideas?

If using CDRWs my 390E won't boot from them either. Same with a Compaq 1540 DM I had. I had to use CDRs. I used smart boot manager on the compaq. Would you be interested in running puppy Linux on your 380d. I wrote a tutorial for installing it inside windows 95 on that compaq

Yet Another Technology Site: Compaq Armada 1540DM running Windows 95 and Linux Puppy 2.15CE

Edit" forgot to post the link. I wrote a tutrial for installing Damn Small Linux on that computer. But I wiped the drive before I used smart boot manager and Installed Damn Small on it.

Yet Another Technology Site: installation

Now on my IBM 390E I run AntiX 8,2 on it.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 10-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home