Find the answer to your Linux question:
What is the easiest method to create a LiveCD from a modified Linux distribution like Ubuntu? Is it possible or practical to turn the system you have that is modified ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to create a Linux LiveCD

What is the easiest method to create a LiveCD from a modified Linux distribution like Ubuntu?

Is it possible or practical to turn the system you have that is modified on your hdd into a LiveCD?

Any answers or comments would be appreciated

Kevin

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Are you saying that you want to remaster a liveCD?

If so, check out reconstructor, or UCK:

Reconstructor - WikiStart

UCK - Ubuntu Customization Kit
    oz

Linux Guru
    Howdy and Welcome kevin. Not sure what you are asking so if my interpetation of your query is off. Oh Well.

If me. First I would need to have 2 different hardrives in my computer. The second hardrive could be as small as 1 gig. My bios would have to be capable of booting from either hardrive using F12 or something. I would then boot my ubuntu installation and download unetbootin. I would install P7zip-full and mtools through synaptic. I would then download the live iso of my choice.

Then I would open Gparted and format the 1 gig internal hardrive as Fat32. Exit gparted and open Unetbootin. I would pick out the iso I downloaded and point Unetbootin at the internal 1 gig hardrive and tell it to install iso to that.

Then I would reboot. Hit F12 or whatever key is needed to change boot order. And pick my internal drive that I just installed live iso to boot up.

I used one gig as a example because that is usually more than enough room to run a 700 mb live iso. For a Live DVD iso a bigger drive would be needed.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough. I want to turn my current hard-drive partition into a LiveCD that I can distribute to my friends and can be burned as an .ISO file. Any suggestions?

Kevin

oz
    forum.guy
    Ok, I'm with you now... check this page for doing that:

Linux Live for CD & USB

I've never tried so don't know how well it works.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Good to see I'm on the right track, I've been doing that for about two hours now.

Thanks!