Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have recently installed cygwin and want to work with PThreads in it. I found that POSIX Threads (pthreads) for Win32 has some dlls available for windows but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PThread libraries in Cygwin

Hi all,
    I have recently installed cygwin and want to work with PThreads in it. I found that POSIX Threads (pthreads) for Win32 has some dlls available for windows but the links given here are not working(File not found error). I want to know if there are any PThread libraries for cygwin.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    Cheers
    Sarma

cgf
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CSMG Sarma View Post
    Hi all,
    I have recently installed cygwin and want to work with PThreads in it. I found that POSIX Threads (pthreads) for Win32[/url] has some dlls available for windows but the links given here are not working(File not found error). I want to know if there are any PThread libraries for cygwin.
    Sarma
    You're trying too hard. The pthreads library is part of the standard Cygwin download.

Just use it.

Just Joined!
    You're trying too hard. The pthreads library is part of the standard Cygwin download.
    That's true, I have to choose the pthread library during installation. I missed it during installation. I know this and I was searching for a way to add this without re installation. So is there any way to do so?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    cgf
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CSMG Sarma View Post
    That's true, I have to choose the pthread library during installation. I missed it during installation. I know this and I was searching for a way to add this without re installation. So is there any way to do so?
    There is no separate option for installing. IT IS PART OF THE STANDARD INSTALL.

If you have a working version of Cygwin then you have the pthread library.