Find the answer to your Linux question:
Error saving pinboard /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin: No space left on device This message comes up when I try to reboot, shut down, or log out of Puppy Linux, which is running from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Help logging out of Puppy Linux

Error saving pinboard /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin: No space left on device

This message comes up when I try to reboot, shut down, or log out of Puppy Linux, which is running from RAM, from a LiveCD.

Please gear your answers toward a noob

Thanks

How much RAM do you have?
    If you are running Puppy from LiveCD then there is no need to worry. Just go for Hard shutdown.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I'm trying to learn all I can from the mistakes I'm making on Linux. Could you explain what happened? What you recommended worked: When I went back to Xubuntu on the hard drive, everything was OK.

Thanks very much, Casper

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    First of all, let us know how much RAM do you have?

You were using LiveCD and all the data was in RAM only. At some point, RAM was full and OS was not able to save anything. By default, LiveCDs don't change anything in Harddisk unless you instruct it to do so.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    189 Mb of RAM in an old Systemax computer.

Ok. I think I understand what you said. How does one instruct the LiveCD to save information to the harddisk?

Thank you very much, Casper

Linux Guru
    In Puppy you can use pmount to identify your internal hardrive. Write down the letter which will be like hda1 or sda1. Then when asked to save pup save. Instead of cd point the save file to the drive letter like /dev/sda1 or whatever pmount identified as your internal hardrive. You will need /dev in front of hardrive designation

If you want to save files from puppy while running a live cd plug in a usb stick or external drive. this way nothing is touched on the pc's hard drive you will be presented with the option of where to store the file