Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mepis 8.0 32 bit. Something happened and my entire menu panel in Mepis 8.0 changed. All the icons changed including the one that you click on to access the main ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

menu panel icons changed

Mepis 8.0 32 bit.

Something happened and my entire menu panel in Mepis 8.0 changed. All the icons changed including the one that you click on to access the main menu. I don't think I did anything to cause it, but who knows. I found a thread at another forum and tried the solutions and then posted a reply. I can't post the URL because I haven't made enough posts. So far I haven't gotten a response to my question nor have I found an answer searching the web.

The icon that I click on to access the entire menu is on the right side of my icons that are the panel at the bottom left of my screen. I want it back at the far left. I have tried right-clicking and going thru the menus that come up and have tried dragging and dropping but haven't been successful. I would really like to get all the icons back to the original without re-installing but would settle for getting the start menu back to the far left. Do you have any ideas how to get it back there?

Thanks,
    Harold

Mepis 8 is still KDE 3.5, right?

I would just try removing all the config files and restarting your desktop session. See if that fixes it.

Code:
    rm -r ~/.kde/share/apps/kicker/
    rm -f ~/.kde/share/config/kick*

Yes, Mepis 8.0 is still kde 3.5.

Thanks for the info. I will try that.

Harold

It worked. It is not back to the original icons but the original menu. I will work on the icons as I have time. Thanks again.