Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, How to modify CENTOS ISO image, I want to change the entire OS to my brand. How to do this? where ever centos comes I want to rename. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy How to modify CENTOS ISO image, I want to change the entire OS to my brand.

Hi Guys,

How to modify CENTOS ISO image, I want to change the entire OS to my brand. How to do this? where ever centos comes I want to rename. Ca I extract the rpms and change the script contents and pack it back? If so how to do this? or How to chnage the entire CENTOS ISO image to my brand?

Sheniyas

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by sheniyas View Post
    Hi Guys,

How to modify CENTOS ISO image, I want to change the entire OS to my brand. How to do this? where ever centos comes I want to rename. Ca I extract the rpms and change the script contents and pack it back? If so how to do this? or How to chnage the entire CENTOS ISO image to my brand?

Sheniyas
    Welcome to the forums!

CentOS and other Linux distributions are open sourced, so you have access to the entire code set. You can download it and make all the changes you want as long as you abide by the licensing agreement. Do some google searching for topics on remastering linux to get some howtos and info on how you can customize linux ISO images.

We hope your project goes well.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

CentOS and other Linux distributions are open sourced, so you have access to the entire code set. You can download it and make all the changes you want as long as you abide by the licensing agreement. Do some google searching for topics on remastering linux to get some howtos and info on how you can customize linux ISO images.

We hope your project goes well.
    Hi,

I didn't get any proper documentation, can anyone suggest a better one? whether I have to download the source code or I have to extract ISO and do the modification?

Thnx
    Sheniyas