Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Should I choose Puppy, does the install give you options on what GUI you can install such as Xfce or JWM. Flubox Just use a Puppy Puplet Distro that comes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Should I choose Puppy, does the install give you options on what GUI you can install such as

Xfce or JWM.

Flubox
    Just use a Puppy Puplet Distro that comes with that windows manager preinstalled. Also Icewm is available in Puppys package manager as a alternate install Desktop.

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - frankenpup

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Lighthouse Pup 4.43 G 207M

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Introducing Bruno Puplet

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - NOP 431

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Macpup Foxy 3.0

I think you get the idea.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

((It's amazing what they can do. To think of all of the computers gathering dust, or worse, releasing toxins into the environment, that could be put to good use))

exactly my point as a pc reclaimer I use linux in older pcs to give them a longer useful life and I give many of them away to kids and handicapped people
    My choice would be puppy because puppy has excellent file recovery software built in that you can use to recover files from a crashed drive. and its fun to use.

Teenpup requires a faster computer but it has everything a teen would want.

Linux User
    I have an old p3 celeron with only 384 meg ram and needed a debian based distro to run point of sale software. Ubuntu never made it but debian runs fine.
    If you don't need a gui (like for a server), most older hardware will still run for years as a file, print, mail or whatever server.

whichever distro you choose start your package manager and type in the search box piont of sale! it should find pos software that works for your distro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2