Find the answer to your Linux question:
KDE is to buggy, i glithes loads, and is sluggish for some things, is there any way to get GNOME 2.8 working? I dunno, but when i was with FC2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ok, enough of KDE 3.3, Can i get GNOME?

KDE is to buggy, i glithes loads, and is sluggish for some things, is there any way to get GNOME 2.8 working? I dunno, but when i was with FC2 i thought GNOME was quite cool.

Linux Engineer
    click the KDE menu (the big "Y") --> System --> Synaptic. then refresh Synaptic and find Gnome. it should be pretty straightforward.

i hear Yoper is coming out with multiple iso's, such as a kde iso, gnome iso, bare iso, etc. that'll be a much easier way to have a Yoper Gnome system in the future.

Just Joined!
    I am only gonna be using GNOME until KDE 4.0 comes out, i am just fed up with the unpredictable behavior. GNOME also looks sweet.

Just Joined!

re

as part of the yoper team im pround to say that there is already a devel ISO with GNOME. once there servers come back up go to download click on one of the mirrors and click devel. it should say GNOMEyoperx86.iso or something of the such