Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi experts, I use screen over my linux terminal. screen everytime refreshes the time and screen list on the botton row, and the info on the last row vanishes. Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help regarding configuration of screen

Hi experts,
    I use screen over my linux terminal. screen everytime refreshes the time and screen list on the botton row, and the info on the last row vanishes.
    Can I somehow configure the clock and screen list to appear on top row rather than bottom row.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Pankaj

Just Joined!
    I'm a little confused by your post. It sounds like you have a security screen over your monitors screen and because of its positioning you would like to move the time to the top. If this is true I have no clue as to how it is having anything to do with the refreshing of your monitor. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, what desktop are your running, what version, and what distro? We need to know this information in order to assist you better.

The poster is, I believe, referring to the program GNU screen.

I believe there is a compile time option to switch the hardstatus line to the top, or you can make it so your window title displays the hardstatus line. Perhaps if you post your .screenrc file, we could also troubleshoot why the last row is vanishing.

Just Joined!

Thanks!

Thanks Aetiv and Reed!
    Yes my query was about GNU screen program.
    I updated my .screenrc file to disable hardstatus.
    Its fine now!