Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to looking for custom flavors of linux so i hope someone could help me. I'm looking for a flavor that boots straight into a web browser, basically it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Web Browser only?

I'm new to looking for custom flavors of linux so i hope someone could help me.

I'm looking for a flavor that boots straight into a web browser, basically it will have the default page set to a local web server on the network. maybe there will be a localhost page with setting for the administrator. I don't want anything but the web browser (ideally this is the desktop) no taskbar, no clock, no nothing

Is there anything like this floating around?

There is, though not too much that I found. Still, if you google linux web kiosk, you might find more.

K i o s k C D . com
    LiveKiosk (TM)

I posted on a Live CD based on Chromium Browser called Flow OS.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...3-flow-os.html
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    Maybe you could strip stuff out of slax? That should be doable in a couple of minutes.

Just Joined! Digital_Resistance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proguy View Post
    I'm looking for a flavor that boots straight into a web browser,[...] I don't want anything but the web browser (ideally this is the desktop) no taskbar, no clock, no nothing
    If you could suffer at least a simple text-editor, I would think there could be more demand. I, for one, would be interested.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

puppy linux and some knoppix versions are full distros but usually set up and start a browser after gui starts
    but any distro can be installed and configured to start the browser automatically