Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I have a network camera, with a linux OS. We need it to be really precise in its timing for the specific application we want it for. But it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Removing all bandwidth limitations

Hi.
    I have a network camera, with a linux OS.
    We need it to be really precise in its timing for the specific application we want it for. But it's not!

After killing some of the garbage processes on it (and having some achievements, but not enough), it seems that there's some kind of bandwidth limiting applied on the outgoing traffic.

My question: What are all the things that should be done on a machine, running linux, to remove all the bandwidth limitations?

Notes:
    1- With my very basic knowledge about traffic shaping in linux, I have made these observations:

# tc qdisc ls dev eth0
    qdisc pfifo_fast 0: root bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

# tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
    RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

2- I am trying to download the images from an HTTP link, and I already have about 14Mbps. I want it to reach at least 50Mbps. I can download with speeds higher than this when downloading from another PC on a windows network. So I assume this is not a problem with the cables. Also the eth0 on the camera is said to be a 100Mbps device.

Thanks in advance

are you connected directly to the network that the camera is on?
    if you are downloading from an http you are limited by the network traffic not by linux.
    most cameras with an ethernet port are usually connected to a video server( a computer with multi port ethernet card with software designed to rapidly process images. we use such machines for inspection of components and packaging
    using the insight program for windows.
    you can increase the speed of the network by running fiber optic but there will still be some limitation. depending on the network traffic.