Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey Guys I'm using an AMD64 Athlon x2 3600+ Processor with 32 bit edition of Sabayon Linux I recently heard abt Linux From Scratch, and thought of building a lLinux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question LFS question - Architecture Issue

Hey Guys
    I'm using an AMD64 Athlon x2 3600+ Processor with 32 bit edition of Sabayon Linux
    I recently heard abt Linux From Scratch, and thought of building a lLinux OS from Scratch, using Sabayon as the Host System,

So, i planned on building a lfs system and then using BLFS to install all the softwares and bling (compiz) i want to have in my OS

All was fine untill i heard that a 32 bit processor is needed. . .

Is it really necessary to use a 32 bit Processor to build a 32 bit Linux OS?

Can i build the 32BIT System on my 64 bit AMD using the exact commands given in LFS - BOOK - 6.6?

I'm not interested in building a 64 bit edition, so would really like to know if this is possible

Just Joined!

A little more data

I found this in the LFS 6.6 BOOK

linuxfromscratch[dot]org/lfs/view/6.6/prologue/architecture[dot]htmlLFS Target Architectures

Also note that a 32-bit distribution can be installed and used as a host system on a 64-bit AMD/Intel computer.

But is there any need for modifying the given commands in the book?
    and should my host system be a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Sabayon?