Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I was looking for a light weight distro to install on my IBM ThinkPad T20 and stumbled upon ZevenOS. I really liked the look and feel of it and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Space key initiates "Run Command" window in ZevenOS

Hello.

I was looking for a light weight distro to install on my IBM ThinkPad T20 and stumbled upon ZevenOS. I really liked the look and feel of it and after many unsuccessful trials managed to install it. I seems to work fine except for a small, but very annoying bug. Any time the 'space' key is pressed, it toggles 'Run Command' window. I went through the list of Window Manager (I believe it's xfce) keyboard short-cuts, but couldn't find this particular short-cut there. I still can load into console mode and work from there. Therefore I wonder if there's some file, where this short-cut would be specified and which I could edit manually. I tried to assign 'space' as a short cut to another action to replace the initial one, but it did nothing, but bringing the 'Run Command' window up again.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Ah, sorted. As always it turned out to be easier, than it seemed. In case it's of any interest to anybody. Xfce folder had a "shortcuts" file, where Super+Space combination was assigned to the "xfce4run" command. As the laptop didn't have a "Super" key, it must have resulted in just "space" triggering the shortcut. Strangely enough, simply deleting those lines didn't help at all. But reconfiguring xorg and selecting the right keyboard type did