Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello erriwun i am very new to this linux thing, and also very un-skilled in computers (please use terminology from pre-1901 ) basically, i have been tired of windows for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

dyne:bolic installation help

hello erriwun

i am very new to this linux thing, and also very un-skilled in computers (please use terminology from pre-1901 )

basically, i have been tired of windows for a long time, and have wanted to try linux for a long time, but never had the machine to try it out with (and had never heard of a live cd)

music is what i do, and having heard about dyne:bolic, i wanted to finally give this free os thing a shot. well i had no idea that even installation would be this difficult.

i have read many articles that talk about 'docking' and 'nesting', but have yet to find a way to install dyne as my only operating system.

does anyone have a way for a complete beginner to understand this stuff, or should i just quit now?

can anyone point me in the direction of some books or other literature that can help me get started on the GNU/linux thing?

i suppose i could settle for docking or nesting, but i cant even figure that out

thank you for any help and im sorry of its a pain in the *** to deal with novices like myself.

Hello and Welcome.
    I would suggest that you start with another Distro just to get a feel for Linux, then if you decide that you like it and everything works right...you can begin to customize your installation to your liking. Dyne is not really a newb friendly distro. I'd say check out any of the top ten distros on distro watch. Scroll down a bit on the right side and you'll see Page Hit Ranking.
    DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

yeah i think i better.

thanks.