Results 1 to 3 of 3
I'm looking for a distro that is one stop shop to do tech maintenance. I'm looking something like PartedMagic or Puppy Linux but preferably with more tools and abilities. It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-26-2010 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
One Stop Shop
I'm looking for a distro that is one stop shop to do tech maintenance. I'm looking something like PartedMagic or Puppy Linux but preferably with more tools and abilities.
It needs the following features;
- Virus scanners, applicable to both Linux and Windows.
- Disk partitioning, preferably something like Gparted.
- Bootable from CD and USB.
- Updatable, I don't want keep download the latest version each release just to get simple features.
- Installable software. Something that I can install new software if needed and still have it next time I boot.
- As many usefull tools as possible.
Does anyone know of something that would fit this description in someway?
- 08-26-2010 #2
- 08-26-2010 #3Many other distros allow for a persistent USB install as well.
I run a persistent AntiX 8.5 Flash drive that I interchange between EEEPC 701SD and Acer Aspire One ZG5. Just have to change wlan0 to eth1 in wireless preferences in Wicd when switching the card.