Hi, new here. I have a little Acer netbook and I put Ubuntu 10.04LTS on it. Windows sucks, I have no use for that.

This is the model.

Acer Aspire 10.1" Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz Netbook (AO532H-2676)

I found Austrumi Linux 1.8.5 and I like it because it has English. But it will not boot on this netbook, it comes up with a fatal error on something about X server or cannot find any screens (which is really dumb because it is showing me the message on the screen that it cannot find any screens, very dumb message).

Here is the exact message I get, I had to write it all down:

X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.3.28-austrumi i686
Current Operating System: Linux localhost.localdomain.net 2.6.28-austrumi #3 SMP
Build Date: 15 January 2009 01:47:38AM

Before reporting problems, check X.Org Wiki - Home[/url]
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, )==_ default setting,
)++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW), warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.

(== Log file: "var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed. Aug 18 23:07:00 2010
(==) Using config file "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at X.Org Wiki - Home
for help.
Please also check the log file at "var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

Then it keeps retrying this about once every minute it seems.

I tried asking this same question at the Unofficial Austrumi Linux forum and I got nowhere because I can't get an answer to what I have to do to get it over this bump.

I know the normal desktop Dell computer will boot from the USB drive I put Austrumi on (I chose 1.8.5 because it has English as a selection while later versions don't).

I'm ready to give up on this because it's far too complicated it seems, but maybe one last chance is possible here if someone knows how to get Austrumi 1.8.5 booted and running on this Netbook.

Please bear in mind, I'm not a programmer or any kind of computer expert. If it will run with the graphic install and interface, that's what I want. I don't know anything much about the technical side of Linux, I know only that I don't want to feed Microsoft any money.

Hoping for assistance in human terms,
Thanks,
geo