Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was a beta tester for Xandros. They died a long time ago. It was a fantastic OS but greed killed it............like it kills many things. Why would someone still ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Why Xandros ?

I was a beta tester for Xandros. They died a long time ago. It was a fantastic OS but greed killed it............like it kills many things.
    Why would someone still run it ?
    Not being critical, only curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTico View Post
    I was a beta tester for Xandros. They died a long time ago. It was a fantastic OS but greed killed it............like it kills many things.
    Why would someone still run it ?
    Not being critical, only curious.

Probably for the same reason that people still use Windows 95! They just get comfortable and refuse to accept change. I'm sure there are other reasons too.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

A lot of EEEPC users use it because it boots fast and just works out of the box for them and they like the easy interface/Desktop.

Since EEEPC Xandros is based on Debian Etch. Some Members have gone as far as to set up personal repository Servers. Since Etch is not supported any more by Debian. There are a lot of How tos though on how to install the Latest Flash,Firefox,Opera, plus scripts and how to's for enhancing the Desktop. Xandros still lives at eeeuser.com

Lot of overseas users still run it.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home