Find the answer to your Linux question:
just got puppy on my ancient laptop, only thing is i want to install it rather than run it from the livecd forever. heres where the problem occurs; it says ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

trouble connecting to the internet

just got puppy on my ancient laptop, only thing is i want to install it rather than run it from the livecd forever. heres where the problem occurs; it says that im missing these dependencies:

gtk+12 gdkxft gdk_pixbuf10 glib12
    tk tcl tix uri tktable tablelist tile trf combobox gnocl img
    qt
    imlib libxaw95_DEP4
    libidn fig2dev pstoedit mtools

this wouldnt be a problem normally but i cant connect to the internet, seeing as how old the thing is all it has is dialup connections. any speculation or ideas would be greatly appreciated

You may have just opened a can of worms that you didn't want. I can tell you straight up, you can find those packages somewhere on the Internet but the worse part, dependency hell is a real PITA.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    well alright ill worry about the installing part after i get on the internet. can you provide some insight as to that issue, as i said in a previous thread that you commented on im using a netgear wg111v2, the computer knows it is there but wont actually do anything with it

I thought you said it was working in the other thread. Is your wireless not working? Is this the same machine?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    no before it was on a inspiron 530 desktop now i have it on a inspiron 3500 laptop. the 3500 does not have the capability to scan for networks on its own

Quote Originally Posted by pepperidge View Post
    no before it was on a inspiron 530 desktop now i have it on a inspiron 3500 laptop. the 3500 does not have the capability to scan for networks on its own
    Does it even have a Wireless card? You need to post the same info from the Start here with Wireless thread that I post in your other thread.