Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded backtrack to get a hand at linux, becuase since I was a Windows user and planning to switch to Ubuntu, I wanted to start of with BackTrack to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Serious backtrack problem

I downloaded backtrack to get a hand at linux, becuase since I was a Windows user and planning to switch to Ubuntu, I wanted to start of with BackTrack to get the hang of things. I downloaded it and burned it to a disc. Everything was running smoothly until I wanted to go back to Windows to kinda clean things up before I switched. I couldnt boot into windows, even if i told my bios to boot of a hdd first. When i try to boot off hdd, all it gives me is the backtrack start up asking me if i want boot off live cd, framebuffer etc. This happens even when i dont have the cd in. Then I try to install backtrack to the hdd but it gives me an error saying it couldnt complete due to the disk being corrupt. Then when I try to make changes to backtrack, it all dissappears when i restart. HELP!?

So you just got on Linux via live cd, without partitioning or installing Backtrack? That shouldn't corrupt your hdd. Did you start the installation process or something like that? If you used a live cd and now are getting a Backtrack bootup screen without the cd in, you probably wrote some files to your hdd and messed something up.