Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
It has been i think almost two weeks that the yoper website has been offline .... Andreas if you are reading this .... it says it would only be offline ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yoper site offline for almost two weeks

It has been i think almost two weeks that the yoper website has been offline .... Andreas if you are reading this .... it says it would only be offline for a week .... is it going to be online again .. soon .. can't wait ... to see it again .. love your distrib ... please tell me how long it will take still .. as the site itself doesnt show or give an explanation as to why it is taking longer ....

Greetings

Jellus

Just Joined!
    It looks like Yoper may be making a downward spiral. They may be going away. Yoper 2.2 was suppoed to already be out. I would be willing to donate but it is starting to look like they will not be back.....

Alister

Just Joined!
    Well a new message on the website is clearing up some of my worries ....
    at least a sign of life ... .... it says it will be back online before 5th of december ...
    so it is sort of a santa claus gift ... in the netherlands they celebrate santa claus on the 5th of december .. for clarity this is not the santa claus from christmas ... actually in dutch it is sinterklaas .... but ok lol .............

Here is the new message on the Yoper Website ...

" Hello Yoperators

The new servers are being installed and the forum should be back by latest Friday 4th December 2004. The Paypal button works again, please try to donate what you can for our server and the update system. We are reaching our target only with your help. Thanks in advance.

The servers are being prepared and until then please use the following help forum:

www.yoper.cl
    www.yoper.de
    Linuxquestions
    Linuxforums

The Yoper Team "

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well .. i am not counting weeks anymore ... but as it says on the website back online before friday the 4th of december 2004 ... this is getting me worried again .. or maybe i am just impatient ... or a combination ... for one ... friday the 4th should be friday the 3rd or saturday the fourth .. any which way ... it is saturday now .. going on ... sunday soon .. and i still don't see anything going on ...

Greetings

Jellus

Just Joined!
    Still no sign ... i don't like the silence ... of the lambs ... ....

Hope to see some signs of life ....

Jellus

Actually, the typo was in the year. The next Friday December 4th falls on 2009.

Hope that helps.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darl
    Actually, the typo was in the year. The next Friday December 4th falls on 2009.
    i died a little inside, after reading that

Just Joined!
    Any updates as to when the site is comming back online ???

Just Joined!
    Hi all yoperators

Well it looks like the new yoper site must be online soon now .... maybe tomorrow or earlier ... try it yourself .... http://www.yoper.com .... it is unreachable .... it gives port 80 which is http .... is unreachable ... so they must have put their server offline ... or something to put the new website online ... or is it a dos attack ... i highly doubt it unless there are lots of windows fans hating yoper ... who want to put the site down .... perhaps including microsoft ... ... which in a way is a compliment to Andreas .. for doing all the good work he has done so far .. but ok putting those crazy thoughts aside ... for now ... i look forward to take a look at the new site soon .... anyway you can also try http://www.linux.co.nz .... it should also not respond ....

Greetings for now,

Jellus

Linux Newbie
    maybe they forgot to pay rent, and now the site is lost forever from the world of internet, and only exists in the minds of its loyal fans who even in death will never forget.

*saultes yoper*

Lest we forget.

(please come online soon, i miss you :C)
    /skythra

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast