Find the answer to your Linux question:
please forgive me if i am in the wrong place but this forum stuff is new to me I downloaded livecd xange burnt it booted on it and when all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help

please forgive me if i am in the wrong place but this forum stuff is new to me I downloaded livecd xange burnt it booted on it and when all was done it wanted a password did i miss something.could someone be of help please my my name is nowindows thanks

Hello and Welcome.
    Is Xange the name of it? I've never heard of that before. Why is it asking you for a password, what are you attempting to do?
    Did you try using sudo in front of your command?
    sudo commandname
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I moved your thread here to the "Other" distro section.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Hello and Welcome.
    Is Xange the name of it? I've never heard of that before. Why is it asking you for a password, what are you attempting to do?
    Did you try using sudo in front of your command?
    sudo commandname
    It's a recent distro, based on Fedora, using KDE. Personally, I don't know anything about how it works.

To me it's not clear if the OP is running it from CD or that he has installed it on disk. May be he can supply that info, it would help answering the question.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles4809 View Post
    It's a recent distro, based on Fedora, using KDE. Personally, I don't know anything about how it works.

To me it's not clear if the OP is running it from CD or that he has installed it on disk. May be he can supply that info, it would help answering the question.
    its a livecd i booted on it to run in livecd mode not installed i simplel wondered why it would ask for a password in livecd mode as none was supplied some distro alow one to use guest as user and guest as pasword but this did not work being as this is a linux forum i thougth some linux user out there would have tried this distro and figured out what the problem was or had someone tell them.I did not need my questions threw back at me if i knew the answes to them i would not have asked them if i caused confusion please forgive it is clear that i need to find my answes else where thank you and goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by nowindows View Post
    its a livecd i booted on it to run in livecd mode not installed i simplel wondered why it would ask for a password in livecd mode as none was supplied some distro alow one to use guest as user and guest as pasword but this did not work being as this is a linux forum i thougth some linux user out there would have tried this distro and figured out what the problem was or had someone tell them.I did not need my questions threw back at me if i knew the answes to them i would not have asked them if i caused confusion please forgive it is clear that i need to find my answes else where thank you and goodbye
    There is no need to get upset, no one is trying to throw your questions back at you. I personally had never heard of it before. Usually if there is a password you can find it on the homepage website of the distro. That would probably be the best place to look anyways. Someone probably has tried this distro before but they might not have had the same problems you are having, or maybe they just don't post to the forums for whatever reason.

You could also try user/user or root/root as password/user name.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    You could also try user/user or root/root as password/user name.
    did/did I want to thank all for the response's I recieved on my question
    and pass on that after more investigation have discovered that it may well be a hardware problem it seems that my vga card will not handle this distro my only concern now is that ,that should have been reported in the bootup process of the cd
    something like 'video card won't handel xange' oh well live and learn thanks again
    nowindows