Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
We'll I just downloaded and burned the iso's and im installing it now, we'll see how this goes. I don't foresee any problems, but the only other distro I've ever ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installing Yoper...

We'll I just downloaded and burned the iso's and im installing it now, we'll see how this goes. I don't foresee any problems, but the only other distro I've ever installed was redhat. I'll be deleting my redhat partitions, and replacing them with yoper. dual boot with win xp.
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Linux Newbie
    it didn't work. The cd booted good, but then it said that I had an undefined video module or something. it gave me six choices, and an option to scan or continue. none of the six choices do anything, they all boot the same way. scan just makes the screen flicker and go blank, and cotinue just continues booting. When all the hardware is detected, i get a blank screen and the system just waits. eventually the cd stops spinning. when i type novesa on the first screen, the same deal happens, but it dosen't give the undefined video module thing. the same install with the same cd worked on my desktop computer, but not on my laptop! whats wrong here???

Linux Newbie
    wow, and the yoper forums seem to be down or something....this just isn't my day

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    ok i got some new info! the error is something about a mode or something and then you select the rows and columns (?) but anyway, when i get to the blank screen, if i type yoper and hit enter, i get the setup, but with lines everywhere and i dosen't look right with weird colors and stuff. I go through the steps, and when i try to bring up the graphical partitioner, even when i say yes, it skips right to the next step of choosing the swap partition? does anybody know how i can fix this??????

Just Joined!
    I had the same problem with a system that I tried to install Yoper on today.
    It was a Del Dimension 2200 ... I am not sure what kind of graphics card it was running.

But yea, I had the same problem, no solution.

Linux Newbie
    crap, you mean there's no way to get yoper to run on my laptop????

Linux Newbie
    it wants me toset my coils and rows....does that ring a bell with anyone???

[EDIT]

If due to some miralce I manage to install it, will it look ok when it boots up and starts KDE, or does this sound like a more perminant problem that isn't just with the installer?

Linux Newbie
    I think i might just go with slackware...

Just Joined!
    Don't lose faith! lol ... at least wait till this Friday when the servers are allegedly coming back up.

Just Joined!
    Haha, my first taste of linux was slackware 7.0, downloaded on a 33.6 and burned at 1x. it's jumping in at the deep end with both feet, damn fine distro though.

I would say that isolinux can't make sense of your BIOS's video modes. This is why I hate laptops - nonstandard hardware
    try booting with 'novesa vga=normal'

I would forget about using the graphical partitioner (qtparted) cfdisk is just as good.

Apart from that I don't know what you can do do other distros install on this box?

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast