Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to move over from Firefox, which takes an age to load, to Links. Some programs, like xpdf, specify what browser they use in their rc file so you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How does Crux define its default browser?

I'm trying to move over from Firefox, which takes an age to load, to Links. Some programs, like xpdf, specify what browser they use in their rc file so you can change it explicitly, but others (notably LibreOffice) use the "default browser".
    Crux has nothing like the Debian defaults/ alternatives system and there is no browser link in /usr/bin so how is the default browser defined? I couldn't find anything about it on Google.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

oz
    forum.guy
    It's been years since I last ran CRUX, but I don't remember it having a default browser. Are you sure there's supposed to be a default app for that purpose?

Maybe a current CRUX user will reply with some info on it.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    It's been years since I last ran CRUX, but I don't remember it having a default browser. Are you sure there's supposed to be a default app for that purpose?
    Well, most apps use a "default browser" for reading their help files. When you build the package yourself, I suppose the configure script could find out what browser you use, but OOo and LO come precompiled.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close