Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, I'm about to get crazy!!! Im trying to build Angstrom for my mini6410. the tutorial from the Angstrom Site explains how to do that. I still get the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issue with GCC when building Angstrom for my mini6410

Hi Guys,

I'm about to get crazy!!!
    Im trying to build Angstrom for my mini6410. the tutorial from the Angstrom Site explains how to do that.

I still get the following errors:

Code:
     checking for gcc... gcc
    | checking how to run the C preprocessor... arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -E --sysroot=/tmp/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/armv6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
    | configure: error: C preprocessor "arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -E --sysroot=/tmp/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/armv6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi" fails sanity check
    | See `config.log' for more details.
    NOTE: package glibc-2.9-r37.4: task do_configure: Failed
    ERROR: Function 'do_configure' failed (see /tmp/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.9-r37.4/temp/log.do_configure.23321 for further information)
    NOTE: package zlib-1.2.3-r7.0: task do_patch: Succeeded
    ERROR: Task 252 (/tmp/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded/recipes/glibc/glibc_2.9.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
    ERROR: '/tmp/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded/recipes/glibc/glibc_2.9.bb' failed
    I'm running out of ideas!!

I definitely need some help.

Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    Hi JustinF,
    Based on the snippet of the logs you posted, something is wrong with your cross compiler "arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc". The good news is my best guess is that its not in your path with is easy to fix. Can you make sure arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc is located in a directory in $PATH? If not, add it in and try again.

Just Joined!
    I gave up trying to build it myself and just built it online on the Angstrom website. Thanks for the reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close