Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
einstein, 910, have a look at this . I remember having the same problem and remember it has to do with how one's xorg.conf is set up. Most would have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

einstein, 910, have a look at this. I remember having the same problem and remember it has to do with how one's xorg.conf is set up. Most would have given up by now. I admire your tenacity!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    thank you for the tip. this did not solve the problem however. it still launches with a black desktop and a mouse pointer but i cant interact. i am going to leave that line there in case it is needed. some time today i am going to try to post my xorg.conf file (which i had to generate using xorg -configure, because there wasn't one) so that maybe you geniuses in here can tell me what i am doing wrong lol. thanks so much for the help guys. i'm off to C++ class, gotta write like a 200 line program today in lab

Just Joined!
    update: i haven't tried anything new since my last post. however, the admin website started working again somehow so i won't be reloading it for a lil while.

slightly off topic: I am saving up for a new box to run it. i was wanting a mini-itx form factor mobo that can handle my am2+ quad core and support 8gb ram but that's kinda hard to find. im prolly gonna go with a micro-atx. btw i have a nice mini-itx hp box with psu if anyone is interested lol. it would make a good media pc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4