Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

einstein, 910, have a look at this. I remember having the same problem and remember it has to do with how one's xorg.conf is set up. Most would have given up by now. I admire your tenacity!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

thank you for the tip. this did not solve the problem however. it still launches with a black desktop and a mouse pointer but i cant interact. i am going to leave that line there in case it is needed. some time today i am going to try to post my xorg.conf file (which i had to generate using xorg -configure, because there wasn't one) so that maybe you geniuses in here can tell me what i am doing wrong lol. thanks so much for the help guys. i'm off to C++ class, gotta write like a 200 line program today in lab

update: i haven't tried anything new since my last post. however, the admin website started working again somehow so i won't be reloading it for a lil while.

slightly off topic: I am saving up for a new box to run it. i was wanting a mini-itx form factor mobo that can handle my am2+ quad core and support 8gb ram but that's kinda hard to find. im prolly gonna go with a micro-atx. btw i have a nice mini-itx hp box with psu if anyone is interested lol. it would make a good media pc

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close