Find the answer to your Linux question:
so i am an avid linux user still pretty new to linux and learning i use ubuntu and what not but for travel purposes i would like to have a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

puppy linux apt

so i am an avid linux user still pretty new to linux and learning i use ubuntu and what not but for travel purposes i would like to have a bootable flash drive of lucid puppy 5.2 which i know how to make my real question is do i have to use the puppy package manager and use the pets or can i install the apt program and install things on it that way. i assume you can because it is debian based.

Linux Guru
    Just some suggestions . One. You can update puppy package manager with Ubuntu repositories and install Ubuntu debs through the package manager.

Open PPM (puppy package manager), and click "Configure Package Manager" (bottom left), then click "Update Now" (top left).

Another route is to use

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - *****: potentially a Puppy with a perfect package manager

or

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Dpup Exprimo 5.X.8

or

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Dpup Exprimo 5.X.8 SMP multicore optimized version

or

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Squeeze 5x D-Lite

or

Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Insidious Puppy 001

and finally

PuppyLinux: DPup

PuppyLinux: Introduction

Choices, Choices

If wanting to broaden your horizons a bit and run a very good slackware based Puppy version that uses slapt-get package manager. To me it is one of the Best Puppy derivatives out there.

PuppyLinux: Lighthouse
    Last edited by rokytnji; 10-20-2011 at 09:17 AM.