Find the answer to your Linux question:
Been reading around now about this Crux distro just a few Qs about it iam going to move away from arch as at times i feel i make my system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wink Another cruxer here

Been reading around now about this Crux distro just a few Qs about it iam going to move away from arch as at times i feel i make my system unstable ..

Whats your views on using crux as a day to day desktop for /music/movies/email/net usage is what it will be for.

has it network from startup as i what i do is from a live system modify the files that need modifying first then i can wget them on to system. if anyone could provide a list of those files that would be great and how to setup network after compiling my kernel thanks in advance for any help

Hello and Welcome!

CRUX is a great distro, and works wonders for anything you need it to do. I ran it quite happily and used it for all the same things that you mentioned (music, movies, etc...)
    Fast and stable, all the way.
    It has almost nothing enabled after installation, though. It's minimalistic and expects the user to get everything up and running.
    Take a look at the CRUX handbook. It has everything you need to get setup.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thanks jayd512 yes thats the type of distro i look for but being only on linux like 7 month i feel the need to advance more more cli setups the better its fun and when i get it done right i want to create bash scripts for each distro i try and successfully install so if i want to return to that distro pop in the disk run the script sit back have a cuppa while i see my screen like the matrix

I adore Crux. It's the fastest-booting Linux around, even on old iron. It comes with a dhcp client, so if your router can act as a dhcp server (and most of them can), you have networking straight away.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"