Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just installed Bodhi linux on one of my older computers and it is running decently well I installed it as the "bare" one so I could install docky ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Bodhi, docky compositing?

Hi,
    I just installed Bodhi linux on one of my older computers and it is running decently well

I installed it as the "bare" one so I could install docky and some other add ons. As I didn't like the docks on any of the installation options other then the fancy one, but my computer ran rather slowly with fancy on it.

So I installed firefox 7 and docky sop far. And I ran into the regular "docky needs compositing" problem. But how do I enable compositing in enlightenment? I know there's a metacity code for gnome, but what about enlightenment?

I am going to install the rest of my add ons. Maybe someone will have an idea on this.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jreidsma View Post
    how do I enable compositing in enlightenment? I know there's a metacity code for gnome, but what about enlightenment?
    Hello

I don't have any hands on experience with Bodhi, but check this guide to see if it will get you there:

Bodhi Guide to Enlightenment
    oz

Thanks

I will check out the guide. will post later once I try what ever it says

EDIT:
    Ok, so I got to the compositing thing, and now it says:
    "Your screen is not in 24/32 bit display mode. This is required to be your default depth setting for the compositor to work properly"
    Last edited by jreidsma; 10-28-2011 at 07:50 PM.