Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I just currenlty planning to download Backtrack 5 R1 but I stuck with something. First, there's two favor as you guys know, Gnome and KDE. Currently I am using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Recommendation About Backtrack

Well, I just currenlty planning to download Backtrack 5 R1 but I stuck with something.

First, there's two favor as you guys know, Gnome and KDE. Currently I am using Fedora with Gnome, and it works perfectly for me. But when I go through some Backtrack Tutorials or something, most of them is using KDE. The interface looks perfect but recently when I was using Fedora with KDE, I got a lot of problems in web browsing:
    1. The built in browser Konqueror, wasn't too happy with the flash plugin.
    2. Then I installed the mozilla, the ‘scim' chinese input not working.
    So the conclusion is, if I need flash, I need to open the mozilla, then if I need to type chinese, i need Konqueror. It just wasting time to use 2 browser at once. lol

Then, I am thinking about using Backtrack as my main os, even the ONLY OS, but I worry it's difficult to have other application like Mozilla, Chinese Input, even VLC player. If I'm using Fedora, I can just install them with 'yum', but I don't think Backtrack have the same mehtod.

Please someone give some suggestion or solution about these.
    Thanks =)

Just Joined!

My opinion

For Backtrack, I suggest you to use the Gnome Interface, as , in my personal opinion is more reliable, and yes, I have used both of them in Backtrack 5.

I do not suggest you to install it on your hard disk, as your primary OS , I suggest to make a partition for it, or even better (really depents...) install it on a Virtual Enviroment, like VirtualBox.

Hope my answer was useful.